How does Kovair ALM Studio and LDRA TBmanager complement each other?
Kovair ALM Studio is an integrated, collaborative, and mouse click-configurable web-based platform that offers holistic capabilities to all phases of Application Lifecycle Management including Project Management, Program & Project Portfolio Management, Requirements Management, Development, High Level Test Management & Quality Assurance. Kovair ALM Studio provides a Single Source of Truth for all users involved in each of the lifecycle phases. This single source of truth can be achieved by integrating all tools used in silos or by using all modules of Kovair ALM Studio.
Kovair ALM Studio with capabilities like task-based workflow coupled with notification and business rules, enables organizations to implement and enforce a centralized governance across all the phases of an application lifecycle. This leads to elimination of manual handoffs between teams, cost reduction, process automation across various lifecycle phases, and enhanced product quality by ensuring compliance with different industry standards.
Key Highlights of Kovair ALM Studio:
The LDRA tool suite helps you build quality into your software development life cycle. Our software standards compliance, testing, and verification tools are based on industry best practices to help you develop high quality safety- and security-critical products. Many users of the LDRA tool suite are required to certify their software. The LDRA tool suite’s open and extensible platform is unique in its integration of software life-cycle traceability, static and dynamic analysis, unit test and system-level testing on virtually any host or target platform.
TBmanager merges all coverage results from system, module/unit test, and test generation from multiple users, post-mortem tests, target, and host. In addition, TBmanager manages and tracks all artifacts, mapping them to project and process standards certification objectives to achieve complete bidirectional traceability, including object code and target testing.
· Define and manage project and certification standard objectives alongside requirements, using a drag-and-drop functionality to highlight relationships between objectives, requirements, test artifacts, and project documents
· Automatically collate test artifacts generated from code review, quality review, unit test, and code coverage and associate them with the user and test in which they were performed
· Collate references to external documents to manage evidence and traceability documents and assign them as assets or artifacts for use throughout the project
· Enhance collaboration with team members by assigning and viewing deliverables and creating placeholders that are available upstream for other users or the project manager
· Display code review, code coverage, and code metrics
· Provide linking capability from requirements engineering artifacts produced throughout the software development lifecycle to perform Requirement based tests and 360° traceability.
Kovair comes with a SOA architected proprietary ESB platform Kovair Omnibus enabling organizations to setup an integrated ecosystem of tools without replacing the existing tools. At present Kovair Omnibus is integrated with 90+ tools across different phases of ALM, PPM, ITSM, ERP, CRM, DevOps & PLM. Kovair Omnibus also supports integration with in-house, on-premise as well as cloud-based tools. _
LDRA TBmanager helps organizations to do a Requirement based testing for Static analysis including Code reviews, Quality reviews and Dynamic analysis including high level tests, integration tests and low level tests on target platforms for safety crtitical standards like DO 178C, IEC 61508, ISO 26262 to name a few. This helps to achieve end to end traceability with test artifacts, test cases, source code and respective requirements and test plan.This low-level test mangemenr capability of LDRA TBmanagercan strengthen high level management with in the Kovair ALM studio. Similarly, the capability of Kovair to support managing different phases of Application Lifecycle starting from Program & Portfolio Management to Delivery will strengthen the offerings of LDRA.
Whenever testing and code analysis is performed in LDRA, using Kovair integration capabilities it can automatically synchronize the testing and analysis related data to Kovair ALM Studio - the day wise Execution, the Code Files, and the analysis reports generated by LDRA and the relationships between them. Once the data is successfully synched to Kovair, depending on the status of the execution, if Failed, a Defect can automatically be created in Kovair and assigned to the team for fixing. On doing so the following benefits can be reaped:
1. The requirements, tests and defects along with any project management or PPM activities can be managed right from the Kovair platform.
2. The project team can view all LDRA executions, results, linked files and the complete analysis report from a single platform.
3. Project teams get an end to end trace view of the linked artefacts.
4. Stakeholders can view various reports and dashboards to keep a check on the overall project health right from one single platform.
The LDRA tool suite complements Kovair from requirements, design and test to reduce cost, risk, and time-to-market for Safety-critical applications